06 November 2012

Feeling a wee bit naughty!

I'm feeling a bit naughty as I've ripped up an op shop purchased wedding dress today - raw materials for the flower themed soft sculptures that I will be making for Fingers and Petals  The Handmade Flower Show 2013 exhibition.  I am so honoured to be participating in this show.

Wedding dress bought at an op shop



Detail of the beautiful handiwork of a skilled dressmaker
who will be very upset  with me when she looks at the next photo!


Tearing up dress commencing..

First strip ripped..

Oooh aah lovely torn up wedding dress! My raw materials 
to hand stitch my flower soft sculpture.

I'm off to stitch now... I'll be back soon with an image of my  flower soft sculpture work in progress....

Here it is (March 2013) many hours of stitching later: