03 May 2013

Fingers and Petals The Handmade Flower Show


I have been very happily busy for several months assisting Nalda Searles and Judy Mary Seward with Fingers and Petals The Handmade Flower Show.  Over 150 flowers have now been installed at two galleries: The Gallery, Ellenbrook and Freight, Fremantle.  It's been a wonderful opportunity to spend time with two wonderful, warm and talented artists. It is a significant highlight of my life and artistic career and I am very honoured to be a part of this event.




I have two handmade flowers in this wonderful exhibition. My two flowers are on display at The Gallery, Ellenbrook.


100 + artists from all over WA and into the Western Desert brought together by Nalda Searles and Judy Mary Seward are showcasing a unique collection of finely sculpted handmade flowers. 


Exhibitions run simultaneously at 2 venues:
Freight Gallery
DADAA
21 Beach st, Fremantle
4th-19th May, 10am-4pm daily
FREE FLOWER MAKING EVENT: Sat 18 May 12.30-4.30pm
Everyone welcome, no skills required
Flower Making Event bookings, please contact fingersandpetals@gmail.com 

AND

Ellenbrook Arts
The Gallery
34 Main St, Ellenbrook
6th-19th May, 10am-4pm weekdays, 1-5pm weekends
FREE FLOWER MAKING EVENT: Sun 19 May 12.30-4.30pm 
at Grapevine Community Art Space, 1 Arrowsmith Ave, Ellenbrook
Everyone welcome, no skills required
Remember, it is Mothers Day on 12 May too!
Flower Making Event bookings, please contact fingersandpetals@gmail.com 


The Fingers and Petals Project is proudly supported by major sponsors: 
Healthway to promote the Smarter than Smoking message
Community Arts Network WA



Nalda Searles installing the exhibition with assistance
from myself and Ian Howard and his young grandaughter Ruby.
My flowers on display looks like they're floating
Top "I do!" bottom "Little Pod"


I planted a gum tree in my backyard in Bassendean about four years ago and its growth was stunted for awhile. I worried that it wasn't going to survive. It has since flourished and I am very proud to say that Nalda Searles has made a featur
e from its branches in The Gallery, Ellenbrook. The branches are underneath a selection of beautiful handmade flowers by artist's from The Western Desert.

There are over 160 flowers on display at both galleries I recommend that you don't miss this wonderful exhibition!